The *International Journal of Wellbeing* <http://www.internationaljournalofwellbeing.org/index.php/ijow>,
Victoria University of Wellington, and the Open Polytechnic of New Zealand will be hosting an international conference on Wellbeing and Public Policy in Wellington, New Zealand, on the 13-15 June 2012.
With rising academic, public and political interest in wellbeing, more and
more government officials are considering using wellbeing research to
inform their policy decisions. This conference will promote
interdisciplinary dialogue on how wellbeing research might best be applied
to policymaking. Several interrelated issues will be addressed (more detail
on these topic below):
- What should the role of wellbeing and wellbeing research be in
- How should wellbeing be defined for research and policymaking?
- How should wellbeing be measured for research and policymaking?
- What role, if any, should subjective measures of wellbeing play in
policymaking and national accounts?
- What evidence is there on policies that improve wellbeing?
For more details, visit our conference website: